Kick Off Summer with Karate
Sarasota Sport Karate has announced its inaugural Summer Sport Karate program, taught by professional kickboxer Johnny ‘Speed’ Garcia. Open to all ages, 4 and up, students will learn the fundamentals of Katas (forms), Kumite (point sparring), and basic Karate techniques.
Classes are currently underway and continue through August. Registrations are being accepted now for the 3-week summer Karate sessions. Classes are held Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.
• Warm-up, including cardio exercises and stretching to increase heart rate, create blood flow and prevent injuries.
• Bag training and pad training to develop proper kick and punch techniques.
• Technique combos and drills to develop timing, balance, coordination and strategy.
• Leg strengthening and conditioning for stronger, faster kicks.
• Introductory to forms where students will learn a series of basic movements in stances and coordinated strikes against an imaginary opponent.
Classes are held Tuesdays and Thursdays at 4:30-5:30 p.m. and Saturdays at 10:30 11:30 a.m.
Session 1: June 7 – June 25
Session 2: July 5 – July 23
Session 3: July 26 – August 13
The Sport Karate Summer program cost is $70 per person, per three-week session. Each participant receives a free pair of kicking pants, (for first-time students only). Note that each session will require a minimum of five participants, so dates and times may be subject to change.
The Sarasota Sport Karate Summer program is held at Definition Fit, located at 1477 5th St. in Sarasota. For more information or to register call Sensei Johnny at 941-587-1372.