Nourish Your Cells
With Florida heat, regardless of humidity, you’re bound to become dehydrated this summer without the proper fuel to nourish, protect and restore
There are so many fallacies when it comes to water— “water is just water” you say? I’m going to clear up the common misconceptions, and
hopefully this will help you choose wisely the next time you’re thirsty.
Let’s start with symptoms that you might not be aware of when it comes to dehydration:
- Headaches…no its not from your friend who talks too much, it could actually be the fact that you haven’t had anything hydrating to drink that day.
- Heart Palpitations.
Your Body is Made of it
Most people know that the human body is made up of 70% water, but aren’t aware that we would be nothing if that water were JUST H2O. Minerals are
a major part of keeping your body balanced and your cells healthy.
There are two groups of essential minerals: Macrominerals (the minerals that you need in larger quantity) and Microminerals (also known as Trace
minerals). Each nutrient has its own major role and function in the body. The accompanying chart shows examples of Macrominerals and how
essential they are for proper function.
|Sodium||Proper fluid balance, nerve transmission, and muscle contraction|
|Potassium||Proper fluid balance, nerve transmission, and muscle contraction|
|Calcium||Important for healthy bones and teeth; helps muscles relax and contract; important in nerve functioning, blood clotting, blood pressure regulation, immune system health|
|Phosphorus||Important for healthy bones and teeth; found in every cell; part of the system that maintains acid-base balance|
|Magnesium||Found in bones; needed for making protein, muscle contraction, nerve transmission, immune system health|
What’s the Difference?
Many people have an issue understanding the difference between the different types of water and sources. Below are simple guidelines to help you
make the right choice when it comes to your body.
- Tap water- Most tap water contains a vast array of disinfection byproducts, chemicals, radiation, heavy metals, and even pharmaceutical drugs; all known to cause cancer, damage the thyroid, pineal gland causing issues with slow metabolism, insomnia, and more.
- Purified Water- Not all purification systems are created equal, some are more efficient than others. Regardless, if its taking out what’s bad, it’s also taking out what’s good, meaning your minerals. Most purified systems throw off the molecular structure of the water; due to the lack of minerals that actually hydrate and nourish your cells, the body begins to release minerals from the bone trying to maintain homeostasis (blood plasma/fluid balance).
- Distilled Water- Another form of purification but guaranteed to completely lack both toxins and minerals.
- Spring water- If from an area that is rich in minerals and the water isn’t purified (read the label to check) it’s one of the better options.
- Sparkling Mineral Water- Very high source of Macro and Micro minerals including calcium & magnesium, also an excellent alternative to soda!!!
- Alkaline Water- Strive to obtain naturally occurring high alkaline water from a legitimate under ground spring, alkaline water that is forced through a machine has a tendency to neutralize over time due to exposure of oxygen therefore the alkalinity decreases.
How much water should I be drinking?
Lets make it simple; take your body weight, divide it by two and that’s how many ounces of water you should be drinking per DAY!
5 Ways to make your water more interesting
- Add Organic Fresh lemon- This is a quick and easy way to add minerals, increase alkalinity, boost the immune system, and your metabolism!
- Organically Fruit Flavored Liquid Stevia drops- Seriously this stuff tastes like “Crystal Light” minus the chemicals.
- Trace Mineral Drops- There are lots of great companies that concentrate naturally sourced minerals; you simply add 1 drop for every 1-2 ounces
- Himalayan Sea Salt- Grab a pinch and sprinkle on! Excellent source of Minerals; helps boost energy levels and balance out the Adrenals.
- Essential Oils- Just ONE drop of orange, grapefruit, peppermint; the choice is yours! Each oil has special properties to help with healing the body, enhancing digestion, and hydrating your body.